Compared to other Chambers of Commerce in the United States, our Port Mansfield Chamber is unique because of the size of our community, the fact that we are not an incorporated city and the lack of Civic Organizations that most communities have access to. Therefore, in addition to addressing the enhancement of our business community, our Chamber serves as the only venue for volunteerism, communication between neighbors and charitable organizing.
Every business, individual, civic and charitable organization should be, and will benefit from, Membership in the Port Mansfield Chamber of Commerce – Join today.
You should know that the Port Mansfield Chamber Board consists of all volunteers, which is something of a rarity these days. We have one paid Office Manager who works 20 hours per week, excluding PMFT time. All Chamber events, including the annual fishing tournament are also put on with volunteer labor. Volunteers are needed year-round to help with Chamber functions and we encourage anyone with the time or inclination to become actively involved in supporting Port Mansfield by becoming a Chamber volunteer.
What the Chamber and Chamber Membership offer the Port Mansfield Community
- Information and Advertisements for our members and member services
- Tourism information
- Event Calendar and Pavilion / Town Activities
- Members Only Communication Forum
- Over 35 Public and Private Events including our annual Fishing Tournament that brings both tourism and commerce to town businesses
- Community center for emergencies and natural disasters
- Annual Children’s Events such as Halloween and Christmas parties
- Local, county, state, and national elections
- Community recreation activities for locals and Winter Texans
- Charitable causes and fundraisers
- Medical education and community services
- The Floating Classroom for area children
- The Chamber maintains and sponsors our town library